The Locomotive Products Sales position is responsible for the promotion and coordination of business activity for our dedicated Locomotive products. These products include Train Chief II, MU & Go and engineered Locomotive Products sales. Other duties include solicitations of end users, OEM’s, dealer/sales representative organizations, attending trade shows and assisting in telemarketing efforts in the United States, South America, Mexico and Canada.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Develop and produce profitable sales of all Control Chief Locomotive Products.
• Establish new customers through telemarketing, internet and networking efforts.
• Maintain existing customer base by continuing to deliver quality products at a fair market price with agreed upon timetables in a professional manner.
• Provide quoting, sales, technical and applications support to existing customers, new customers and the dealer/representative networks.
• Network and gather industry intelligence and stay abreast of industry trends to report to management.
• Attend and promote our products at trade shows.
• Attend OEM, dealer/representative training meetings held by Control Chief Corporation.
• Enter history of quotes, field sales calls and customer contact data into data base.
• Maintain quote follow-up file for proactive sales efforts and utilize sales representatives for customers in their territories.
• Attend company sponsored product and industry specific training sessions for continuing education.
• Maintain a high level of communication with Control Chief employees to foster a customer-focused, team based approach to meet company goals and customer needs.
• Responsible for following the requirements of the Quality Management System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to deal with a variety of customers on a daily basis.
• Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
• Analytical/Mathematical skills.
• Proficient with PC software i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, etc.
• Knowledge of basic electronics with the ability to read schematics helpful.
• RF knowledge helpful, but company will train in-house.
Credentials and Experience:
• A minimum of three to five years outside sales experience in the industrial marketplace in lieu of Accredited Degree.
• May be required to perform jobs other than those listed.
• Attend all internal/external training as required for continued self-improvement
• Present a “TEAM” attitude within the organization.
• Responsible for area safety and cleanliness.
• Some travel may be required: Trade shows, sales calls, technical meetings, etc.